I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a wonderful life. I feel safe when I go to bed at night. I have two healthy children. I have a supportive and loving husband. And I have a family that is the absolute freakin' best.
In general, I try to say thank you every day to anyone who shows some small act of kindness or who really goes out of their way because I don't think we say "Thank You" enough -- but we say "Sorry" too much. Maybe if we showed our gratitude more regularly, all the sorries wouldn't be so necessary. Give it a shot!
Anyway, since today is the day we're meant to say it, here is my list of the Top 11 things I'm thankful for right now. And, yes, I realize 10 is the more traditional number, but I will not be put in a box! :)
1. The road trip I got to take with my dad recently
2. My mom's good days, when the pain and frustrations of her MS give her a break
3. A sister who I can always count on, who never EVER lets me down
4. A stepmom who couldn't be farther from the "evil stepmom" stereotype
5. A husband who loves me just as I am and shows me in a million ways
6. That my kids go to schools where every day they're encouraged to be exactly who they are
7. Being surrounded by fabulous friends, men and women, who challenge me and make me better every day
8. Two silly puppies that cuddle with me when everyone else is playing video games or doing yard work
9. Chocolate (enough said)
10. Tequila (Thank you, George Clooney and your Casamigos Reposado)
11. @chrissyteigen and Gaby Dalkin (@whatsgabycookin) - without them there wouldn't be a Thanksgiving dinner worth its weight in Brussels Sprouts
Oh, wait ... one more. Uber. Thank you, Uber because you're going to get me safely home tonight.
Love and gratitude to all of you for following Molly and me on this little adventure. And to all the people who have put up with me over the past 47 years. I wouldn't be this better version of me without every single one of you.